1 reviews | Active since Oct 2012
New Samsung S9+ faulty and I have to wait 30 days for repairs though reported early
Two weeks ago I bought a Samsung S9+ from Telkom in Waterfront Cape town. Within a week I experienced issues i.e. calls dropping, not receiving data communication, video calls delaying, apps crashing. I then reported this with Telkom Waterfront, I spoke to Marcel who told me I needed to reconfigure my settings to 3G because Telkom was not able to utilise Lte in SA, this was without even diagnosing nor testing the device. This was a surprise to me since I had used 2 Samsung S8's on Lte with no issues. He just dismissed me in a cold manner that would make someone think I went to beg for food or a freebee. Nevertheless, the next day I went to Telkom Century City where a proper diagnosis was done and the technician actually picked up that there was something wrong with the device. I was then told I could not get a replacement because I was already on the 8th day with the device and I needed to be within the 7 days for a replacement. They then advised I either log a dispute with Telkom Waterfront or we can try a sim-swap as well as software upgrade and hopefully the issues would be sorted. I agreed, we did the sim-swap, then the next day I went to Samsung for a software upgrade. Today the fone is getting worse, while I was on a voice call on speaker, the speaker just stopped working, and I'm continuing to experience more and more issues. About 20:30 today I called Telkom to explain the situation, and the manager (Ryle) told me I would have to book the device and wait 30 days for repairs. Now why must I be the one suffering from the technical faults of this device when I reported it earlier and was dismissed like I was bluffing. I have sacrificed time from work to go plead with Telkom to fix this issue and they don't seem to care enough to either follow this up nor try their level best to help. I've been a loyal customer to Telkom for years now with 2 contracts and if this is how I will be treated then maybe it's time I looked elsewhere. Also if waiting 30 days for a fone I reported early is the only route they're willing to take maybe I should look at my legal option too.
