Inoperative line and DSL connection
Published by rouxnel on May 11, 2017

Inoperative line and DSL connection

I reported the faulty line the first time on the 30th of April. The line was scratchy and the DSL had intermittend connection, a technician was despatched and I took him to the pole where the problem always occurs. Due to the pole being loose and the phone line being strained by tree braches being the reason for contineous issues with the line, I was informed by the technician that Telkom had to repair the pole and cut the branches which strain the line. Who does this then? He refused to climb up and resolve the problem, though there is slack on the cable which would have been adequate to resolve the issue until Telkom cuts the branches and fixes the pole. In the mean time I have to use 3G internet now to perform web development which is quite data consuming and I have to use my cellphone to contact clients which is very expensive, my costs has already exceeded my monthly bill with telkom! I find it unacceptable to close a fault report without resolving it, to ignore your clients and not to deliver the service you are paid for.

Official business reply:

Good day Roux,

Please be assured that this matter has been escalated to our Technical Team, feedback will be provided.

Your reference number is AI2785270.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Busi

Telkom Social Media Team

rouxnel:

Hi Busi, it happened again this morning. I received a sms that the line is restored, yet it is noizy and cuts off and the internet connection is off. This has been ongoing since the 8th of April, then there were longer times of service but as time progresses the problem becomes worse when unattended. I have been thinking about taking my own ladder and climb up the pole to repair the line, cut the cable ties and ensure there is enough slack to compensate for tree movement. Telkom really needs to look at their technical department, they have the s**** but are to lazy to attend to the problem. Unfortunately closing your eyes and hoping for things to repair them selves, never resolves the issue at hand.

rouxnel:

How can Telkom charge me an account of R1800, my DSL never worked and it is impossible to have a conversation on this line as it continiously drops. Telkom not only provides poor sevice but in addition charge for use of an malfunctioning line. This line has been like this from the 8th of April, seems like corruption to me. Will contact a laywer to see what action I can initiate against telkom!

rouxnel:

Line up now, DSl running slow. 6400kb/s instead of 10000mb/s, router reports available line speed is 19000mb/s. I am paying for 10mb/s not 6 mb/s, line use to run at 10mb/s!

1 month ago