1 reviews | Active since Mar 2009
Buying and Selling? - Read this review
I identified a vehicle on the website that I was interested in buying. I made a website request and also contacted the branch via the call center. The sale executive gave me his number via whatsapp. I asked whether I could trade my vehicle in and he explained to me that they don't do traditional trade-ins. I would have to submit my vehicle details via the website and their buyer will come and assess my vehicle. On the same day I submitted my details and received an email indicating the price estimate. That same night the buyer contacted me and made an appointment for the Friday morning. That is the first slot he had available to come see my vehicle. No response from the sales exec on availability on the vehicle. This was on a Tuesday.
The following morning I made another request on the availability of the vehicle, to which the sale exec rep**** it is available and reserved it for 4 hours, until I make a deposit. I informed him that I will make a deposit and that their buyer is coming on Friday. After getting their bank details, I made the R5,000 deposit and the vehicle was reserved. After getting the confirmation that the vehicle is reserved, I told him that I will confirm the deal once I get the final valuation on Friday and then drive up to JHB (from DBN) on the Saturday. He agreed and confirmed this. This was Wednesday.
Friday arrived and the buyer arrived on time and inspected my vehicle, took it for a drive and within an hour I had my final offer. I was very pleased with the offer and decided to proceed with the deal. I tried getting hold of the sales exec to inquire for how long they can hold the vehicle. I was hoping to collect in 2 weeks when I had a trip to JHB already planned, but otherwise I will come the next day as promised. No answer from the sales exec. I was then put through to one of the sales managers who told me vehicles will only be held for 48 hours. So making a deposit on Wednesday meant that the reserve I had is no longer valid. So no deal.
I understand that there are rules and reasons for having these rules. Informing the customer of these rules would however be nice. Surely the selling branch should have picked up and told me the timeline of events are going to cause an issue?
What also struck me as very disappointing is the lack of trying to assist a customer in making a deal happen. Never mind just extending the reserve for another 12 hours because it would make sense, I wasn't even offered to pay another R5,000 to extend the reserve further. Or even offered so that I can pay for the vehicle in full and then get paid for my vehicle later on. Here is customer with a vehicle to sell and willingness to buy from the same company. And all I get told... the reserve expires in 48 hours. No deal.
The call center told me my deposit is non-refundable, but the sales exec told me they will refund me the deposit. Time will tell...
There is no need to contact me, this is just a review for other customers to prevent this also happening to them. Based on my experience I think selling your vehicle will be great, but buying one won't. Trying to do both simultaneously should be avoided all together. Not sure about other branches, but this branch was extremely busy and getting hold of the staff is a real challenge. The manager was more frustrated that I was put through to him and was more interested in "how I got his number" than trying to assist.
I won't recommend this company to anyone.
Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. This matter has been investigated and feedback provided accordingly.
We regard this matter as closed.
Best regards
We Buy Cars
Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. This matter has been investigated and feedback provided accordingly.
We regard this matter as closed.
Best regards
We Buy Cars
