1 reviews | Active since Aug 2020
No Fiber = No Work! Do you have a job opening for me please? !
My husband logged a relocation request to have our fiber relocated to the new address we were moving to end of April. They were happy to assist. As end of April drew closer and our move eminent, my husband called Vodacom to find out what was happening with our request. The response he got "sorry sir, you did not give us a calendar month, therefore we can only assist you from 1 June 2021.
Unhappy with the response we called again and this time we advised them that the house we were moving to is already set up with fiber as the previous owners were also Vuma clients like us. They advised us to plug in our rooter when we moved into the house, call them and they would activate us. Saturday 01 May my husband calls vodacom again advises them that we have taken occupation at the new address and please we need assistance with connecting our fiber. The lady assisting him kept him on the line for a while only to advise him that a ticket is already open and we must wait till 1 June because we didn't give a calendar month's notice.
My husband and I both work from home due to our employers Covid 19 Restrictions and safety measurements so we have no alternative but to work from home so Tusesday 4 May I decided to call Vodacom and see if I can get hold of a manager who would be willing to assist with this predicament we are in. I spoke to 3 different people, the one guy "Dashe" (not sure of spelling) said he passed my details on to a manager and I could expect a call within an hour. Naturally an hour came and went and still not call so I called back and spoke to Rowena. Very helpful and understanding lady who advised she escalated our requested to Candice Kuhn and we could expect connectivity within 24-48 hours. Called in Thursday 6 May cause we still didn't have fiber, spoke to Mbulelwa who advised Candice Kuhn was the incorrect person to assist us, she has now sent the request to Neo and we need to wait another 24- 48 hours. By Saturday we still had no fiber so I called again and spoke to Zimasa who advised me that we were supposed to complete a purchase form, which no one advised us of at the beginning of April when my husband logged the initial relocation request. !!!! I completed the form and emailed it through yesterday afternoon. Today I called in again to confirm the application I completed and returned had been received , Gomotso confirmed it had been received and escalated to Dikelwa (not sure if name is correct) who has been assigned to this request. I've been advised to wait another 48 hours for Dikelwa to attend to our request.
I would like to find whether Vodacom has any job openings at this point because my boss will not accept me being unable to work till 1 June !!! please advise on any job openings I'd really be grateful or perhaps I can send you the invoices for all the data we have to buy just to continue working to make sure we still have jobs by the time the relevant team is sent to assist us. Please advise if this is a better option for you, we use around 120GB per month....
I fail to understand the lack of urgency! Your own staff are working from home so I'm sure you understand the dire need for Fiber in this time. What would you do if your staff called and said "I cant work for the next month, I have no fiber connectivity" is it something you would accept ???
I'm looking forward to hearing back from someone in management please who has the authority to make a call on our request.
