The worst service I have ever received
Published by jerome-viveiros on Apr 18, 2017

The worst service I have ever received

My car, registration number ZJB 468 GP, was booked into this place on 15th March 2017. They told me the repair would take 10 to 15 days.

It took *three weeks* just to get parts, and then the actual repair seemed to be fairly quick. I can't be sure, because their messages of the car being in stage 1 through to stage 5 all came in about 4 days.

But since last week Monday, the 10th of April, they have been "waiting" for Glassfit to fit the windscreen.

Every time I call them, they tell me the same thing... They're waiting. last week I was assured that I'd have the car before the long weekend. But I called and called, and got brushed off over and over with the "news" that they are still waiting.

The peprson I have been dealing with, Patricia Chabalala, even assued me that the car would be ready, on Thursday at around 1PM, when Glassfit had not yet arrived, and they were closing at 3PM. She assued me of this even though it was obviously not possible.

I might as well talk to my son's hamster! At least the hamster moves around, and does *something*.

These people do not follow up. They do nothing but brush me off. Every day that I don't have my car, I am spending money on Uber, and they just don't seem to care.

How long does it take to fit a windscreen? Surely this should not take more than a week???

I leave messages and nobody calls back.

Official business reply:

Good day Jerome

Thank you for your feedback.
We wish to apologise for this poor service that you have experienced.
We have escalated this matter to the Service manager for a resolution.

Should you have any further queries, please contact our dedicated help desk on 0861 FOR YOU (367 968).
Kind Regards,
Renew-It Autobody @ Your Service
www.atyourservice.co.za

jerome-viveiros:

They called me now, to let me know that the windscreen is being fitted. Thank you.

Official business reply:

Its Only a pleasure

jerome-viveiros:

In the end, they called me at about 4PM, to tell me the windscreen had been fitted, but the trim wasn't done, so I had to wait another day.

Now one day later, and nothing, no update as usual.

I got the car back.

Noticed on the way back to work, it is still making a griding noise occasionally, which i can feel in the pedals. I'll call them tomorrow.

jerome-viveiros:

Some good news at last... Although I am not happy with the grinding noise the car still makes, I don't think it's the fault of Renew-It. The asessment was done by somebody else, arranged by Budget Insurance, and these guys only fixed what was authorised.

The other damage was due to the accident, and they will assess it tomorrow. Since the damage was caused by the accidennt, I'm sure it will be covered, so I look forward to tomorrow with optimism.

Public Comments