MN
Merusha N

1 reviews | Active since Jun 2014

23 May 2024, 14:38

Ooba buildings protector policy claim - Poor claims service and feedback

We called Ooba's call center on April 16 to register a claim, and spoke with a Mr. Victor, who informed us that he will have someone call us back to register the claim. After a few hours without a call back, I sent 4sure claims an email. They then called us and the claim was registered with ooba (4-sure claims administrators) on the afternoon of 16 April. Opicom Pty Ltd visited our property to assess the claim at noon on Friday, 19 April. Since then, I received no joy with receiving feedback from Ooba. I called Ooba on 3 May to receive feedback on the claim, I spoke with a consultant (0***0 - I cannot recall the consultant's name) who then had me wait on the line (after already waiting on the line to speak to an available consultant) for 15 - 20 minutes before dropping the call. I then sent 4-sure claims an email about their lack of service etiquette and heard nothing back. I called again on 10 May and spoke with Ms. Caroline who assured me that we will receive feedback asap. It is now the 23 May. Ooba, I am frustrated and disappointed with your lack of service and disregard for your customers.

0
Replies (2)
oobainsure
oobainsure's reply23 May 2024, 16:15
Official
Dear  Merusha 

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us and bringing the matter to our attention.  We are so sorry to hear about your experience and apologize for the inconvenience caused.  We have referred your complaint to the relevant department which will be in contact with you shortly to investigate the matter further.

Friendly Regards, ooba insure

MN
Merusha N's update17 Jul 2024, 16:09
Reviewer Update
On June 29th we received a call from Zoleka, who said that our claim rejection was overturned because there was in fact a hail storm in Durban during the time of our claim. She sent us an Agreement of loss letter via email ,which, if we signed 4 sure claims would pay us a sum of R4,000 + for repairs.

On July 1st, I called 4sure claims and spoke with Fordyn Collins. I told him that we will not be be signing an AOL and that the insurer should complete the repairs. He promised to find a solution. As is the case with 4sure, we did not hear back.

I emailed Zoleka on July 3rd. Informing her we will not sign the AOL and it was the duty of the insurer, having overturned the claim rejection, to provide the service for which they were being paid.

*I decided that any contact with Ooba, 4sure claims going forward will be recorded*

On July 8th, 8:38am, I received a call from Clementine, regarding the AOL which we did not sign yet. Again, I told Clementine what was said to Mr Collins and was emailed to Zoleka a week prior - that we will not sign the AOL. She said that she will make contact with the initial service provider, Opicom Contractors, regarding completing the repairs they provided a quotation for.

We received two text messages saying that Opicom were again appointed to "assess our claim". And that we will receive contact from them regarding an appointment. I ask for time frames. She says by 9:30am we will hear from her. Clementine called back to confirm that Opicom were appointed to do the *repairs*.

July 8th, 3:21pm
Nompilo contacts us to follow-up on whether the service provider contacted us regarding the repairs. I confirm that they did not and seek clarity on the text messages received. Nompilo says that the text messages were sent in error, it isn't for another assessment, but rather the "go ahead given to complete repairs."

We're told system shows as follows: "Good day, please proceed as per quotation".

Nompilo contacts service provider and calls back at 3:36pm, she said that the service provider was contacted and said that: they (Opicom) were waiting for their supervisor to confirm that they will have a team that will come out to our area in Pietermaritzburg, they are based in Durban. As soon as their supervisor is back they will arrange an appointment. Nompilo was asked about the excess payment that must be paid to Opicom on completion of the job. She confirms that it will be an amount of R350.

On July 8th, 4:14pm, Thomas from Opicom contacts us. He says that he understands there was some damage to our property in the PMB area. And he wants to send a manager out the next day to come "look at the areas of concern" I told him that another assessment wasn't required, to which he seemed confused. He said they were appointed on the claim, and their instructions were to come, take out necessary photos, measurements, provide them (4 sure) with a damage report and a quotation. He says he thinks 4 Sure wanted a second opinion, as they were not advised to conduct any work.

What a mess! Miscommunication or lies. You decide Ooba insure.

Thomas says that he will email ooba regarding the claim rejection and then reversal.

July 9th 3:36pm, Clementine calls to follow-up after an email from Opicom/Thomas (AKA Service provider) advising OOBA that the client (us) said they were coming back for another assessment because they are supposed to come and do the repairs.

Clementine insists that she approved the quotation and that Opicom was given the go ahead to complete the repairs and she didn't understand why they wanted to do another assessment. She said she will call the provider back and promised to contact us right away.

3:44pm she calls back saying that she spoke to the service provider who will give us a call and do the repairs.

Thomas (Opicom) calls back right after and says that the issue with the insurance company was clarified. He promised that someone from the company did the inspection, but then he seemed to have confusion as to when that inspection was done. He said that we (client) had issues with claim but that he understands we had gotten paid out by OOBA, I clarify that we received no such payment. He then says we (client) would like his company to complete the repairs. I made sure that he understood we receieved no such payout and that he will receive a payment from the insurer (Ooba/ 4 sure) and only an excess of R350 from us (client). He said he will contact that insurance company to clarify.

I confirmed that Clementine had approved the quotation and I didn't understand the confusion. He said that his company submitted documents in about our initial claim assessment in April and when the claim was rejected, they removed the job from their work floor. When they were re-appointed yesterday, those documents were no longer under file. So, his impression was that this was a new claim. However, when he contacted OOBA they confirmed it was an old claim from damages from earlier in the year. He clarified that he saw the issue and there is now no problem and he will "get it sorted out".
He said he will contact Ooba and arrange a team to come conduct repairs on Friday (July 12th). Then he said the quotation was for only primer and painting of affected ceilings. He advised me to contact Ooba to request copy of documents from the original claim.

I contacted Ooba on July 9th 3:53pm , I spoke with Ntumeleng and as is the case with 4 sure claim administrators and Ooba, I had to state everything to another operator, who was less than enthusiastic to help. I requested that he have Clementine call me back, he said he will email her as she is busy. I have heard radio silence from Ooba/4 sure claim administrators and the service provider since last Wednesday.

What a joke this insurer, their administrators and service providers are!