Unacceptable Service on returns
I Bought a Chevy 454 engine on 07/02/2020. Upon collection not one person has cranked the engine in front of me. The guys was to eager to get it loaded. I was told they have cranked it and that they threw diesel into the piston sleeves so that they do not rust. When I got the engine at the workshop and cranked it myself I saw there was water inside the engine.
I got on the phone to speak to Bruce and inform him of the problem. At 16H06 on 07/02/2020 I phoned got hold of Gavin who told me that Bruce has already left and that I should phone on 08/02/2020 and speak to Claudette. I phoned on 08/02/2020 08H58 and informed Claudette of my problem aswell. I then got told Bruce is not there and I should phone on Monday again.
I phoned on 10/02/2020 11H08 and again Bruce was not available and I spoke to Claudette again. I have informed her that I am going to strip this engine and se how bad is the rust. She told me I can strip as long as I do not strip the cylinder heads.
I drained the water and oil in the sump. I replaced the oil filter with a new one and filled the engine with new oil again. I then carried on by doing a compression test to see if there could be any damage to the sleeves because of the water. Number 5 & 6 cylinder had very low compression. so I decided to removed the sump and determine the problem. I could see that this is not just water that could have gotten into the engine from rain as there was a watery sludge in the sump. I got some pieces of conrod bearings inside the sump. Upon inspection I see that number 5 cylinder does not have a conrod bearing in and number 6 has picked up and spinned inside the conrod.
I again phoned on 12/02/202 10H14 to inform Turbo Toys of this problem. Bruce was once again not available to speak to me. I spoke to Claudette again and she asked me to send me photos of the engine to her and that she will show Bruce. I phoned again on 13/02/2020 09H16 and spoke to Claudette to see if she got an answer from Bruce. I got told she has not seen Bruce yet.
I phoned again on 14/02/2020 and was told that Bruce was again not there and that I should phone again on Monday 17/02/2020.
So Today 17/02/2020 I decided that I would take a drive there and speak to Bruce in person. I eventually spoke to Claudette again as Bruce was busy and could not speak to me. I told Claudette that I will still keep the engine but then Bruce should give me a lot better discount on the engine. I was told that he will at the most just give me a R1500 discount. I then said no I do not accept this and that I want to return this engine and rather take another engine.
Claudette then said that they will not return this engine.
I am very sorry but this is unacceptable to treat your customers this way.
