Discrimination towards customers
Published by sjvanniekerk7 on Apr 19, 2017

Discrimination towards customers

I am a loyal customer of Shell Lynnwood Motors since 1989 and was astonished by the way I was treated by a petrol attendant named Shakes. I arrived at the service station and I had a sigarette that I wanted to extinquise because I do not smoke near the petrol pumps. I climbed out of my car and stepped on the butt. I then picked it up to throw it in the dustbin. The petrol attended, Shakes, told me to get back into my car and close the window. Immediately the other attendants started laughing out loud at me and so did he. I asked why because I dont have a lit sigarette with me. He said that it is the rules. I understood that and pointed out to him that there was a person at the other pump busy on her cellphone and on the other side was a man busy pumping his tyres right next to the pump with his engine running. I told him that that was also illegal. He said to me that he is not attending to them so it is not his problem. I then pointed out to him that all the attendants do not comply with safety regulations as well as the management. I told him that this is unfair and unsafe to all the customers of Shell Lynnwood Motors. He chuckelled and spoke to the attendants in an African language and they also smiled. When I informed him that I am going to report him to management he chalanged me and said that I must do what I want. The supervisor named Micheal came to talk to me and tried to defend Shakes but when I pointed out the other safety regulations broken by the other attendants he had nothing to say and just walked away.

Public Comments