Planet Fitness port elizabeth consultant does not disclose all information prior signing membership form
Published by MilzK on Jul 10, 2017

My membership with Planet Fitness was from May 2016 to April 2017. The consultant who told me about the membership did not inform me that she had opted that my membership will be automatically renewed as from May 2017 and that if I wanted to cancel I had to give them a months notice. When the automatic renewal was processed in the system I was given no indication.

On the 8th June I spoke to Lebohang who informed me of this automatic renewal and that since I was not notified about it via an email I woud be refunded the amount that was debited in May as my cancellation would be back-dated. She told me that it would reflect in my account in about 14 working days.On the 6th July I spoke to Fezile who informed me that Lebohang had not logged this information with finance therefore I will get notification once this has been done and payment will be made on the 14th July.Today (10th July) I called again and spoke to Mpumi who informed me that payment will probably reflect next week friday (21st July) but she cannot confirm. I have still not received any notification.

The reference of the call is PF ********** . I am dissatisfied with the service that I received from Planet Fitness. I should not even be having any amounts being deducted from my account as nothing was said to me about an automatic renewal of my membership. This is a very deceitful way of keeping customers and I surely would not recommend anyone to sign up for membership with Planet Fitness.

Public Comments