RD
Rene D

1 reviews | Active since Jun 2019

13 Jul 2020, 17:10

Plaaswag Boerboels do your homework

In April 2020 I contacted Plaaswag to enquire about a female pup. I was told that a litter was due in the first week of May. At this stage we were dealing with the sales person called Bianca. She told us that the booking fee for a pup was R3000 which is 50% of the total price. If i wanted to better my position to choose a pup i should pay the full R6000. When i checked on the situation a week later i was told that the mother was going in for a C-section that morning. Later that day we were informed that 8 pups had been born and everything went well. We even received pictures of the pups. About a week after that when i inquired my message wasn't answered. After re-sending the message i was finally told that the pups had been born prematurely and had therefore not survived. We were offered the opportunity to wait for a pup from various litters they were expecting. After considering this we decided that the parents of the original litter we had chosen initially were what we wanted and not the subsequent choices. I then contacted Bianca to request a refund. I contacted Bianca because she was the sale person we dealt with and who had advised us on payment and banking details. Bianca then informed me of a 25% cancellation fee and referred me to the owner Lionel as apparently he was the one who would do the refund. I was fine with the 25% cancellation fee until i realized that they intended on calculating the 25% on the full R6000. When contacting Lionel i explained that i felt that the 25% should be calculated on the booking fee(R3000) and not on the full amount as the other R3000 was to secure a position to choose and since the litter had ceased to exist, we had in actual fact paid R3000 for a choice in nothing. We paid the full R6000 on the 29th of April, it's now the 13th of July and in spite of Lionel promising to refund me my money he has yet to do so. A second potential pup owner has also been in contacted me after seeing my post on their facebook page, to say that she is also in the exact same position. At the time of us paying over the money for a pup we were under the impression that these were registered dogs. Well it turns out that that was also not true as the Kennel was still in the process of becoming accredited and they have also been using SABBS and reason for the delay in them being able to refund us. Apparently they need to sell a pup before they can refund us and SABBS have asked them not to advertise until their accreditation is in place! What a mess, so you use my money for your own purposes and when i ask for it back because you can't produce what i paid for, you tell me you need to take someone else's money before being able to pay me back with their money. I'd like it known that i sent Plaaswag three messages before posting this review and they have chosen not to respond. Lesson learnt - never pay upfront. The honorable breeders wait til they have healthy pups before taking bookings and more importantly MONEY!

0
Replies (0)