LD
Lana D

1 reviews | Active since Oct 2023

13 May 2024, 10:34

GEMS declined pre-authorization; no reason given

The need for pre-authorization for a significant operation is pressing, yet GEMS has declined it and notified the surgical team. Upon seeking clarification on the reason for the denial, I was met with uncer*****y. The representatives were unable to provide a definitive answer, suggesting that approval may still be possible as the matter now has been escalated. Which begs the question .. what would have occurred if I did not follow up ? This lack of clarity is concerning and raises doubts about the decision-making process. I was also informed it may take up to 14 working days after the escalation

Adding to the urgency is the necessity to inform my employer about the surgery. However, I find myself in a state of limbo, unable to provide crucial information due to the unresolved pre-authorization status. This situation is untenable and requires immediate attention to ensure timely planning and communication.

I urgently request a reconsideration of the pre-authorization decision and clarity on the grounds for the initial denial. Timely resolution of this matter is crucial for all parties involved.

0
Replies (0)