STOKVEL ACCOUNT
Published by faith-herbert on Mar 18, 2017

STOKVEL ACCOUNT

Ref # ********** 6

On the 5th of February 2017, a stokvel account was successfully opened at the Maponya FNB Branch. On the 9th of March I received an sms stating that "The business account for FUN TIMES AHEAD is at risk of being frozen" & FICA (KYC) documents should be emailed by the 20th of March 2017. All three members submitted proof of residents & their ID documents on the day the account was opened, however I did forward my details (via emal) as communication was only sent to me and not the other members. I even went to the Maponya Branch last week Friday to have the matter attended to and I was told that the issue was fixed. This has been frustrating and very time consuming as there is hardly communication from the banks' side and just to think we spent over three hours at the branch getting the account opened and last week i was there close to two hours.

In addition it has been confusing that this account has been opened under a "32 Days Flexi Notice" (as per sms received) however the recent sms states that the account is a business account!

Currently it appears that the matter is STILL not resolved and means were made to follow up on the matter. CAN YOU KINDLY CLARIFY THE ABOVE...

Regards,
Faith

3 months ago
Official business reply:

Good day Ms. faith herbert

Thank you for bring this matter to our attention. Kindly note that we have logged this matter as a formal complaint with the following reference number: 1156268.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused in this regard and assure you that you will receive feedback within the turn around time of 24 to 48 working hours.

Thanks regards