1 reviews | Active since Mar 2022
Shocking service received from FNB although being a client for 24 years.
FNB has cost me dearly due to either incompetency or lack of service from their staff members. I've been an account holder with FNB for 24 years now and that means nothing to them. On the 15th of March I've submitted an application for a re-advance on my existing bond. Tebogo Malumane has confirmed that Bernice Ryan is working on my application. I have followed up almost every day with him and he has assured me that he's following up with her and that the application is in progress. One can not talk directly to the home loans department as you have to work through your personal banker. Tebogo told me that I would at least have confirmation if my application was successful or not by the 22nd of March. I had to follow up again with him yesterday as he doesn't get back to a client as he promise to do. At 15:00 yesterday, 22 March, he eventually phoned me back after a consultant asked him to phone me, just to be told that Bernice Ryan is on leave. Today I received an email to say that my application will take about 14 days - this after it was already with FNB for a week. I don't understand how the home loan department is at a stand still while one person is on leave. I've been **** to as Tebogo clearly didn't follow up properly and re**** only on email communication without actually following up after not getting feedback from the home loan department. Last night I received an sms informing me that FNB did not receive my application. Where does this leave me? I thought the function of a personal banker is to let things run smoothly and to make things easier for the client, but he clearly does not want to go the extra mile for his clients. I'm at a point where I want to move my account away from FNB. This is shocking service. I've explained to Tebogo that I at least need to know if I'm approved or not as my contractor is starting a project in Namibia in the first week of May and he needs to finish renovation at my house before he can start there. Now I need to wait another 2 weeks to get the confirmation of approval and then only from there can I start looking for alternative accommodation - we've lost our temporary accommodation due to the lie that I would have had an answer by the 22nd of March (we need to move out of our house due to the extend of the renovations, find boarding for my animals and order the materials).
