1 reviews | Active since May 2014
Pricing Specialist poor service, refuses 3 requests for escalation or to transfer to another agent.
I have received very disappointing service during a bond rate review.
The explanation behind refusal of a declined rate review was very lackluster. When I pushed for more information, I received explanations that are contrary to facts. One explanation was: "Based on the current pricing strategy and current market conditions we are, unfortunately, unable to improve on the rate.". Right in the middle of this review, I received a much better rate (from the same bank, FNB) on a new property, more than twice the value of the one under review. Not to mention that during the period transpired so far on the bond under review, the risk profile has reduced drastically, with evidence supp**** to the agent (salary has more than doubled, changed to a dual income household, and original amount has decreased with not 1 missed payment). Not to mention that while waiting for extremely delayed responses, I shopped around and to my surprise, I found other banks offering me much better rates on the bond, who are operating in the same "market conditions" and judging on my same risk profile as FNB.
Due to this, I was highly unsatisfied and skeptical that the review was performed thoroughly and with the correct diligence. As a result, I asked the agent no less than three times to escalate my communication to a manager or alternate consultant. Each time I was flat out ignored, and the agent gave me some more questionable information while avoiding my insistence of escalation.
It is highly concerning when an employee does not want to escalate a query or let you speak to some one else from FNB.
The only good thing that came out of my interaction was the discovery that FNB had not given me my -0.25% main banked discount during the term of the bond so far. I was informed that I would receive a discount on this. I was informed of this over a month ago, with no refund yet to be seen. As a result of the interaction so far, I do not trust that the current agent is on top of this or following up with the relevant department.
I would like to have this refund processed before beginning the schlepp of moving over me and my wife's multiple accounts and bonds to competitors who are offering better rates. I know that if I move first, ultimately getting this refund processed will be more of a nightmare.
All in all, a very disappointing experience with a bank that I've been with for more than a decade. Your competitors are making better offers to take your clients, and to have a staff member refuse to escalate when it could save you business is a big liability. There needs to be accountability when poor service is received.
