FNB Services are absolutely atrocious!!!
Published by CharlesRK on Mar 17, 2017

FNB Services are absolutely atrocious!!!

People who work via the FNB call centres do not commit to calling back and neither do they have any ideas of customer services.

My cheque card chip suddenly stopped working, which was an inconvenience as I could not use the card at many merchants.

I called FNB and they informed me the easiest and fastest way to order a new card was via their website, which I did 2 weeks ago.

I was informed that my card was ready 3 days after order by their delivery partner CCD couriers who sms'ed me advising they would call me to arrange delivery.

It is now almost 2 weeks later and no one has called me after order. I have called several times to FNB to complain as I am going on holiday for the long weekend and having a problematic card is a huge inconvenience.

Several calls later and FNB is insisting they can only escalate this further if I provide my airline ticket as proof of an upcoming holiday. This is ridiculous and idiotic that I need to prove my forthcoming holiday to get this escalated. (BTW -I am driving on holiday locally!)

I called  CCD - their courier provider  who have my card for the last 1 1/2 weeks and  they are requesting I come to their offices to pick up the card . What excellent service FNB!

Stay away if you do not want bad service, as the staff answering their phones are usually rude and put you on hold with no warning and cannot understand simple concepts

I made a poor choice to change from my previous bank - Grass is not always greener on the other side!!!

2 months ago
Official business reply:

Good day Mr. CharlesRK

Thank you for bring this matter to our attention. Kindly note that we have logged this matter as a formal complaint with the following reference number: 1155745.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused in this regard and assure you that you will receive feedback within the turn around time of 24 to 48 working hours.

Thanks regards

Rahim Salamaan

FNB Hello Peter Complaints Resolution

(W): 087 575 9408

E-mail: [email protected]

2 months ago
CharlesRK:

This company is ridiculous!

All they do is respond with a generic statements apologising  and that they will look into issue and resolve etc. etc. with no accountability and driving to resolution.

I was assured that my replacement card whcih is now overdue for 2weeks would be sent on Wednesday 22nd March 2017, as per discussuion with courier company (CCD) telephonically . However this courier company has rescheduled on their own to Thursday 23rd when I am away on a business trip out of the province.

Cannot believe this - another week whereby I am forced to use my alternate bank's card or Ewallet money to my phone when some merchants refuse faulty card (as some refuse or do not have their  merchant password) , to pay for things - Absolutely Ridiculous!!

FNB if you cannot manage your providers please keep my replacement card, as I also bank with another bank and might just decide to instead use them for all transactions in the future.

CharlesRK