One year later and DSTV tell me they cannot provide invoices ??????
Published by alainshm on Jun 13, 2017

One year later and DSTV tell me they cannot provide invoices ??????

So after a year of communicating with DSTV (average of 60 emails per month) concerning receiving monthly invoices and statements I get told that DSTV have terms and conditions and I must adhere to and refer this matter to the CPA.  (Refer copy of their email below). To date that they have still failed to provide me with signed copies of thereof which I have asked for !

DSTV have actually done me a favour because I have found alternatives which are much cheaper and can watch the programs before they get aired on DSTV.

"We have noted your response and we respectfully disagree with you as to which version of terms and conditions are applicable to your service.

MultiChoice has standard terms and conditions that apply equally between MultiChoice and all subscribers.

Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you further in this matter.

We are however lehgally required to advise you that, should you consider our conduct or terms and conditions to be in contravention of the CPA, you may approach the following Regulator:

CONSUMER GOODS AND SERVICES OMBUD

Sharecall:  0860 000 272 (CPA)

Email: **********

Fax: ********** "

Official business reply:

Dear  Alain

We acknowledge receiving your complaint. Feedback will be communicated to you shortly.

Kind regards

DStv : Hello Peter team

alainshm:

Same story as last time !!!  I am not expecting any feedback !!!!

Official private business reply:
** This reply is private. You need to be logged in to see the response **

Hi Elna

We have communicated before and Ronelle gave me some hope but still nothing resolved.

Thanks

Hi Elna

When will I get a reply ?

Thanks

Alain

Official private business reply:
** This reply is private. You need to be logged in to see the response **

Hi Elna

You have just contradicted yourself in your reply.  In your response of yesterday you mention "his is definitely not the kind of feedback that we like to hear as we do value you as a customer. Sorry that things have turned out this way."

So where is the feedback ?  Where are the terms and conditions that I signed.

This is the typical attitude of DSTV.  Just "passing the buck" once again.  DSTV is a joke !!!!

Hi Elna

I have asked Bruce again for the signed terms and conditions.  Why can't DSTV provide same ?

alainshm:

Am i getting a reply or not ???  You can continue to ignore me .... I am not going anywhere until I get answers !!!!!  To fob me off is certainly not going to work !!!!

Any feedback ?

alainshm:

Any news ?????  Or are you going to continue to ignore me ?????

Disgusting service all round !!!!

alainshm:

So now that I have demanded a signed copy of the terms and conditions DSTV ignore me !!!

Have reported this matter to the CPA for further investigation.  Ronelle you have been copied in the email !!!!

6 days ago
alainshm:

I just need to know if you intent replying or not ??????  What are you hiding ???????

Public Comments