Never returning to Multichoice
Published by jackie-momberg on Jul 14, 2017

Never returning to Multichoice

I returned to South Africa in 2013 after being overseas for 8 years and signed up with DSTV again. I was very impressed that they still had all my details and could quickly reopen my account. The only thing that changed was that I was now with FNB and not Standard Bank. I gave them my new banking details and all was well.

For a few months they debited my bank account with my premium and suddenly one day my DSTV said error, account not paid. I called them and asked what was going on. They informed me that my Standard Bank account debit order bounced. I explained that I do not have a Standard Bank account and that they have been debiting my FNB account for a few months already. Apparently they had no record of me having an FNB account. THEY HAVE BEEN DEBITING IT FOR 6 MONTHS! So I patiently gave them the FNB details again and once again the debit orders came off the FNB account. Again after a couple of months the same thing happened. And every time this happens I have to pay the reconnection fee. So after the second time I told them to cancel my debit and I will pay by EFT. No problem. Automated EFT setup. After 6 months of paying by EFT I discover that they have also been debiting my FNB bank account. I was now sitting with a R4000 credit on my account which they refused to refund. I would have to use the credit. So I did this. In April 2016 I told them to cancel my DSTV account when the credit runs out in July 2016. July 2016, credit runs out, I get Netflix and all is well in the world..... So I thought...

In April 2017 I get a phone call from a debt collector saying I owe DSTV R792 for a failed debit order ON MY STANDARD BANK ACCOUNT WHICH DOESN'T EXIST in November 2016. Needless to say, I lost it. And requested all call recordings, which obviously never happened.  And didn't hear from DSTV or their debit collectors again.

Today I get another phone call from the debit collectors saying I owe R1500. WHAT FOR!?!?

I once again get hold of Multichoice only to get an extremely arrogant "Team Leader" on the phone, Ndumiso, who cannot find any record of me EVER having a credit with DSTV and says I owe R792 and not R1500! If their stupid system can't even store a simple bank account, it probably lost all record of my credit as well.

Basically the Multichoice account management system is a total joke!

Get your act together you useless bunch of crooks!

Official business reply:

Dear Jackie

We acknowledge receiving your complaint. Feedback will be communicated as soon as possible.

Kind regards