1 reviews | Active since Mar 2017

28 Nov 2017, 10:24

Refund For Holding Deposit

It pains me to have to right this review for Citton Cars because this is the last thing I expected to do. I was looking at buying a car at Citton Cars Gezina and put down R2000.00 holding deposit on it on the 14th November 2017. Unfortunately I couldn't take the deal with them as the said car turned out to be out of my budget. We looked at other options they had but there was nothing that we liked and on the 20th November 2017 I informed JP (Sales Person) that we will continue with our search elsewhere. He didn't respond to my message and on Tuesday the 21st Nov I asked him when can I expect the refund of the holding deposit. He didn't respond and i sent him a another message on the Wednesday and Thursday to which he finally responded saying he's waiting for feedback from Admin Department. I haven't heard from him since. On Friday 24th September i sent him an email and still no response. Yesterday the 27th Nov 2017 i sent JP another message asking him to please share the admin departments details with me so I can get in touch with them directly. He read my message but never responded. It pains me because I really felt their service was great initially and was willing to recommend them to any of my friends and family but this treatment i'm now receiving is really disappointing. I just need to know when will I be getting my R2000.00 holding deposit refund?

0
Replies (3)
's update30 Nov 2017, 14:42
Reviewer Update
JP from Citton Cars sent me an email after this review stating that my holding deposit was apparently held back because they took in the car for evaluation and i decided not to take it. They took the car for evaluation before i could see and accept the deal and now apparently that is my fault and I have to now pay for those evaluation costs. I requested for them several times to send me the contract but they never did. They said their finance lady would call me but she never did. Until i asked JP to send me the details around the interest charged and monthly repayments, which he sent the following morning just after 6am and I responded immediately that I'm sorry but I will not be able to take that deal. By that time they had already sent in the car for evaluation. Yesterday the 29th Nov JP asked me if I could come to their offices to meet with their dealer principal which I've informed him that I couldn't but he can call me on my mobile and i'm still waiting. I think i should now escalate this with the Ombudsman or take it to the small claims court. I'll seek guidance and will take it further.
Citton Cars
Citton Cars's reply30 Nov 2017, 14:54
Official

Hi Rosina - Phahlane,

Citton Cars would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused in this matter. As we strive to always ask for a Holding deposit to secure your dream vehicle it would never be our intention to withhold funds not rightly ours. I would therefore request you to please come in to our offices with your Receipt of the Holding Deposit and ask for Martin van Jaarsveld. He is the Sales Manager and will get this matter resolved right there and then. We trust you will find the above in order and look forward in getting your request processed timeiously.

's update05 Dec 2017, 17:23
Reviewer Update
Citton Cars still hasn't refunded my R2000.00 even after dealing and communicating with the Sales Manager Martin van Jaarsveld. I spoke to Martin on the 30th Nov immediately after his response and told him i don't need to come to their office for the refund as i did an EFT to pay that holding deposit. He asked me to send them the proof of payment and my banking details which I did as soon as i got off the phone with him. He acknowledged receipt of my email which he informed me that their accounts lady had already left for the day so he will ask her to process the payment the next morning which was Friday the 1st Dec. Needless to say Friday came and gone an i still did not get my refund. I sent Martin a follow up email Saturday morning to which there was no response. On Monday 4th Dec i called Martin who then told me they could not refund me on Friday because there was an issue with FNB. Funny because they use ABSA but anyway i understood. He told me they have loaded the payment and i should get it latest Monday afternoon. AGAIN i did not get it. I thought okay because it's different banks it should surely come in by Tuesday morning. STILL NOTHING!!! It's now close of business Tuesday 5th Dec and no word from Citton Cars. I sent Martin a email stating that if i don't get my money back by COB i am taking this further and as expected NO RESPONSE.