TH
Thembi H

1 reviews | Active since Aug 2016

19 Aug 2016, 06:19

Unfair

<p>I took my quantum to Big boss auto because the oil was leaking and suspected that it could be leaking from the turbo cos this started after replacing it. They took the car in and assessed the work that needed to be done and gave me a quote of R42000. At that point I had R30000 and requested them to work on the budget of R30000 that was in May. In June they called me to explain what they have done and the cost for that. Wayne had the list of all the things that he replaced in the car and the cost which was R29600. He also indicated to me that he won’t be able to fit the turbo as the engine has to be redone. Then I gave the go ahead as I did not have an option because the car could not move. In the first week of July I spoke to him about the progress made in engine, he then told me that they could not proceed with it because I have not made the payment. At this point I still have not received the invoice. On the 21July I made the payment and made him aware immediately. He promised to give the engineer a go ahead with the engine. I then emailed the proof of payment to them (R29000). </p> <p>On the 25 July I spoke to Justine about the progress on the engine, he told me that I have not made the payment and thus it’s not done. I had to explain to him again that the payment it’s made and proof of payment emailed to them. He eventually promised that the car will be ready in 3 weeks from the date of payment (21 July). This meant that I will get my car on the 11 August. This was the 3rd delay as they promised to have it ready on the week of the 16 June, then before the 18 July.</p> <p>On the 10 August I spoke to Justine requesting the invoice so that I can organize the payment for engine which was due on the 11 August, the date in which I was expecting the car to done. He then told me that I have delayed with the payment of R29000 which I thought it was resolved as they have already pushed the delivery date to the 11 August. He further told me that according him the car should be ready the following week. At that point I was a bit confused. After talking to him I took a calendar and checked if I made a mistake. I then called him again and told him that I was correct and I can’t wait for another 2 weeks as he suggested as that will cost me R6000 and I cannot afford that. He then </p> <p>told me that I was wasting his time he needs to speak to his customers and he ordered me not to call again as nothing would change. I MUST WAIT FOR ANOTHER 2 WEEKS. On the 15th August I sent an mail telling them that I need my car as they could not keep to their promises and that I use that car for business and its taking out a lot of money when its kept to their workshop. The 2 weeks delay will cost me R6000 and I CANT AFFORD THAT. The engine that was taken to the engineer in June it’s not back in August and the invoice that I have requested around June I still have not receive it. My question is, have they done what they claim to have done in the car for R29600. The quote for the engine was R26000.</p> <p> At this point I am stacked I cannot take my car cos the engine it’s with the engineer since June and on the other hand I am drained financially. I don’t know if these brothers are taking the advantage of my *** or that’s how they conduct their business. They are really abusive and professional *****.</p>

0
Replies (0)