The ABSA Reward that Punished me !!!
1 3
Published by LieweVader on Feb 12, 2017

The ABSA Reward that Punished me !!!

I really liked the ABSA Rewards system – It has come some way and it really looked like they were going places with it. The UI works OK and it is Actual rewards (Cash) you can use.

BUT wait, you can also convert it, at a discount, to other useful stuff like vouchers and movie tickets…OR SO I THOUGHT…!!

Went through 3 hours of drama to learn that their Nu Metro Mobi ticket voucher system is basically a scam. (For 3D tickets anyway..)

After deciding I want to start Saturday with a quick movie at MENLYN I choose the mobi 3D ticket option as I remembered reading about it. All went smoothly and I got my Mobi-ticket voucher sms in a jiffy.

Then the drama started – Nu Metro’s system did not accept the Mobi-ticket Ref and it did not even give me an error message. It kept on taking me over to the Credit Card payment site, again and again.  I was trying to book for Resident Evil.

Desperate,  I tried settling for X.X.X - Return of Zander Cage – SAME story!

I gave up and decided to call Nu Metro the next morning before I go in to MENLYN..

The Nu Metro help line enlightened me very quickly:

Num – “What movie are you trying to book sir?” Me – “Resident Evil”

Num – “That’s 4D sir, you can do only 3D” Me – “Ok….. how about *** “

Num – “Nope, that Special 3D sir, you can do like…eh Normal 3D” Me – “Normal 3D, Really?”

Num – “Yup” Me – “Do you have a Normal 3D title ?” Num – “Nope”

Me – “Help me out here, anywhere else to go ?” Num – “We have the Parkview VIP scene sir”

Me – “3D ?” Num – “Yup” Me – “Normal 3D?” Num – “Hell No!”

Me – “Ok, so can I just get a 2D ticket then, that’s cheaper right? You guys win, right ?”

Num – “Eeh..Nope, 2D is not 3D sir” Me – “So what can I use this thing for now ? ZERO D ??”

Num – “Yup”

Well, ABSA’s bad show resulted in a No Show for me..

I really hope, apart from refunding me at least the stupid mobi ticket price, that ABSA will resolve and fix this issue that is seriously affecting an otherwise industry leading rewards program.

Dear Customer

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Kindly provide us with your account number to log a formal complaint for investigation. We will investigate the matter and furnish feedback shortly.

Kind regards
Nthabiseng Sibande
Group Customer Care
Absa Bank Ltd

LieweVader replied privately:
** This reply is private. You need to be logged in to see the response **

Dear Customer

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Kindly provide us with your account number to log a formal complaint for investigation. Your id number is not anywhere in the hellopeter system. We will investigate the matter and furnish feedback shortly.

Kind regards
Nthabiseng Sibande
Group Customer Care
Absa Bank Ltd

LieweVader replied privately:
** This reply is private. You need to be logged in to see the response **

LieweVader:

Good feedback received from ABSA Rewards, allthough they still can't tell what went wrong, but at least they refunded me. It appears to have been a temporary issue as I would have been able to use the ticket the following week, however I was not in the mood for a movie at that time and opted for the refund. Thank you...

This review’s rating was changed from 1 to 3